I really enjoy these PMI Webinars on Demand and the fact that they count towards your PDU goal. However, in many cases the Component ID or Component Name needed to claim the PDUs is not provided. Extensive google-ing lead me to this approach recommended on one of the PMI CoP Forums:
If you are find dificult to claim your PDU in EV CoP, you can refer to this information:
– Go to tab “Community”, then” Ask the Community”, then “Most popular questions”. You can find instruction for claiming your PDUs here.
– Or follow these steps:
1. Go to the ccrs.pmi.org site and log on with your User Name and password
2. Once logged in select: Report PDUs
3. PDU Category= Category A
4. Activity Type= 1-2 PDU event
5. Select Next
6. Component ID= L001
7. Select Search
8. Activity Date= “ENTER DATE”
9. Activity Title= enter your attended tittle.
10. Select Next
11. PDUs Claimed= 1.0
12. Select Next
13. Confirmation and Submission: Select Submit.
You can also find related information here.
Hope that it is useful.
Luckily, I know the Component ID of the Agile CoP and was able to register the Webinar “Agile Contracts for the Real World” following the steps above. I received the PMI approval mail and this it how it shows up in my profile: .
These are the “Communities of Practice (CoP)” = “Component IDs” I know:
- L001 Earned Value Management
- S025 Requirements Management
- S042 Agile
- S048 Risk Management
- S055 Requirements Management (again?)
- C261 Chapter Switzerland
Instructions for “Discover, Visualize, Translate, Right Level Requirements” (via mail)